The STHD is an embedded strap-tie holdown offering high load capacity and a staggered nail pattern to help minimize splitting. The STHD incorporates many features that aid correct installation and improve performance. When installed on the forms with the StrapMate strap holder the unique design of the STHD delivers enhanced stability before and during the pour to help prevent both parallel and perpendicular movement.
- Nailing pattern allows for nailing to the edges of double 2x's
- Strap nail slots are countersunk to provide a lower nail head profile
- Slots below the embedment line enable increased front-to-back concrete bond and help to reduce spalling
- Rim joist strap length: 39-5/8 in.
- Made from 12-Gauge steel
- Galvanized for extra corrosion resistance
- Install with 16d sinkers